Sail cleaning & coating
Ultramar, a specialist in sail washing and coating
At Ultramar we specialize in cleaning and coating of virtually all types of sails and sailcloths. We clean according to the Soaking Method. The cleaning process is very labor intensive, but it is the only way to safely and thoroughly clean fragile sails. With our specially developed Sail Cleaner, we are able to clean heavily soiled sails. Whether it is a mainsail, genoa, jib, Dacron or laminate, your sail is at Ultramar in safe hands.
What can we remove from your sail?
Depending on the age and condition of the sail, we can remove the following from your sail:
- green deposit
- rain stripes
- grease stains
- spider poo
- spots of the mosquitoes and flies
- atmospheric pollution
An extra strong coating for your sails
After cleaning, we can be coat your sail with an effective coating. The original coating often disappeares after one or two seasons. This is why sailcloth starts to get dirty, full of mold and algae and eventually become limp. By coating your sails with an extra strong coating, they are again perfectly protected. Often even better than a new sailcloth.
Sail cleaning and coating, how does that work with us?
- Orders come in through our dealers, or you send it yourself.
- Within a few days we will pick your stuff up at the dealers.
- Controling and labeling of the sails, boat covers and tents.
- All sails are measured and canvas is weighed.
- Pools are filled with water (30 degrees) and specially developed Ultramar Sail Cleaner.
- Sails, tents, etc stay overnight in the special soaking solution. Making the dirt comes off the sailcloth. Algae and fungi disappear.
- Loosened dirt is flushed out of the sails.
- This process is repeated a number of days.
- Sails and tents are hung and dried naturally.
- Control of cleanliness.
- Canvas: boat cover, sail cover, tent, etc. Treatment with Ultramar Sprayhood & Tent Protector for protection against water, mold and algae.
- Sails: coating the sail with Sail & Spinnaker Coating. This is an additional option. Sail coating is not standard.
- Testing Ultramar Sprayhood & Tent Protector treatment to see if the tent is waterproof.
- Final check and all loose parts are sorted through our barcode system.
- Pack and ship to dealers.
- Specialist since 1998
- Recommended by sailmakers
- 96% recommend us
- Fast delivery
- Transport throughout Europe
- Experienced staff
- Large network Collection points
- Specially developed products
- Safe for every type of fabric
- Also for cotton tents
- Mold and mildew removal